Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Anticipation

I realized this blog challenge was going to span the time during which I would have a partial versus a total knee replacement, go through rehab, and return to work. Never blogged before, never followed blogs, never had a joint replaced. Hey Trifecta! How can I lose? 

September 10 was the first blog date - 1 day prior to my surgery. Bad date, I know, but I took the first available. I have been expecting all summer to have a partial knee replacement, then boom! A week prior, my surgeon informed me he was set up to do a partial or a total and I signed a consent for both! WOW! I won't even know until I wake up. Didn't see that coming, any more than I saw replacement surgery coming when it was proposed 3 months ago. 

Then I was 59. Now I am 60, too young in my opinion for such radical procedures. I never ran or did any extreme sports to tear up my knee. I am not terribly overweight. I don't have underlying health problems. This just came out of nowhere as far as I am concerned. 

So I've prepared a downstairs bedroom, I've borrowed a cold therapy unit and rented a continuous motion device. My prescriptions are ready and I have my followup appointments. I've visited my pastor for a final powerful prayer and annointing, so now I feel prepared. Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment