Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Demon Dreams

I hear my dear husband's voice calling to me, "Sandy."
"Yes?"  . . . "Yes, what?"  . .  Again.
He has woken we up, and he is not even home.
Yesterday he sailed down a silver river lit up by an impossibly bright moon.
The day before that his rickety craft was lifted out of the muddy river by a giant crawling . . .  what? . . . a lobster? . . . an insect?

Winds blow up typhoons and sandstorms, I move my camp constantly.
Staircases become mazes, skeletal buildings under construction rise and then disappear.

I am haunted, constantly by dreamfolk, questioning me, what did you do, why didn't you do it?
Difficult to explain as a side effect of medication, but that's what I'm going with because I can't think about these dream demons continuing to haunt me.

1 comment:

  1. How strange that your dreams keep with a theme. A raft on a river two nights in a row and bad weather.

    But, can I say at the risk of sounding insensitive, that I love your descriptions.

    ReplyDelete